At DEANNE DEWITT FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE “Organization” or “we”], we are committed to protecting the privacy of our online guests, customers, members, and friends (collectively, “our users” or, as applicable to yourself, “you”).
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU.
We use reasonable best efforts to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and security of our users’ personal information. Keeping user information secure, and using it only as our users agree, are matters of principle for all us. With this in mind, here is our commitment to each user:
- We will restrict access to user information to those who need to know in order to provide services to you, and will educate them according to our internal policies to reinforce the importance of confidentiality and client and user privacy;
- We will maintain reasonable and customary security standards and procedures to protect information about you; and
- We will respond quickly to your request to correct inaccurate information.
HOW AND WHY WE GATHER INFORMATION.
We may also obtain your personal information from your transactions with us or other users through the services provided through this Website, or from third parties such as credit reporting agencies.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WE COLLECT AND WHY WE GATHER SUCH INFORMATION.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- That personally relates to or identifies you, such as your name, password, postal address, e-mail address, home/mobile telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as political and religious affiliation and leaning, age, or gender; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, including but not limited to, website pages viewed, sites visited before visiting this Website, frequency of visits, clickstream data, browser type, operating system, organization name, articles, internet connection speed, presentations viewed, time spent viewing pages of our website or using certain features of our website, demographic data such as server locations, clickstream data, location services, server location, cookies existing on your computer, search criteria used and results, date and time of access or visits to our website, frequency of visits to our website, connection speed, and other information which does not specifically identify you.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-parties.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, signing up for newsletters or email notifications, making a contribution, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information you provide when you participate in surveys or promotions.
- Details of any transactions with the Organization that you carry out through our Website. You may be required to provide financial information before completing any transaction through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Campaign, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Server Logs.Server Logs can be either a single log file or several log files automatically created and maintained by a server of activity performed by the server, which can include information about any transaction you conduct with the server.
We or our service providers may also collect web surfing data related to your use of our services (e.g., information regarding which of our web pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences). This may be accomplished by using cookies, web beacons, page tags or similar tools. Such web surfing data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Web surfing data and similar information may be used for administrative purposes; to assess the usage, value and performance of our online products and services; and to improve your experience with our services.
We regularly send email newsletters to our users. Users may subscribe or unsubscribe to an email newsletter at any time by changing their email preferences. On occasion, we may send emails to individuals such as registrants and members who have provided us with their email address. Email recipients may always opt out of any email category at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the email message.
Emailing Us: We try to respond to email messages requiring a response in accordance with our internal policies. If you email us, your message and email address will be forwarded to the appropriate member of our team. We may choose to save this information. We are pleased to hear from you. However, any message, material, ideas, concepts or other information sent to us by email will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we will not be liable for delays or omissions in receiving or responding to email.
HOW INFORMATION HELPS BOTH YOU AND US.
Information about you plays a key role in our ability to succeed in this mission. It also helps us service your accounts and administer our efforts.
We may also use your information to contact you about certain topics, issues, campaigns, and political candidates that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may choose to opt-out.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We use aggregated information provided by or collected from our users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way our services and the Website work and look, and to create new features and functionality. We do not and will not sell analytics that identify personal information of our users without written consent from the user.
HOW AND WHY OUR ORGANIZATION DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
We limit the sharing of personal information outside our Organization. We do not sell, license, lease, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except as noted below:
- We may disclose your personal information when such disclosure is legally required or appropriate pursuant to any court orders, subpoenas or any regulations, including responding to court orders and subpoenas, cooperating with government agencies, other regulatory bodies, and law enforcement officials, performing background checks, resolving disputes or performing risk-management functions.
- We may share personal information with third parties who perform work for us under contract.
- To help us improve our efforts, we may engage third parties to help us to carry out certain internal functions. Use of any personal information we share with these third parties is limited to the performance of the task we request. The third parties with which we share personal information are required to protect it in a manner similar to the way we protect your personal information.
- We may make certain automatically collected information about your interactions and activities. Any such publicly available information will be accessible by other users.
We further reserve the right to disclose any of your personal information as we believe appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend against any third party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the services, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our Organization, our users, or others.
We may also use and disclose personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information: to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activities that threaten the integrity of our website or network; to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of others; and as required by courts or administrative agencies.
We do not and will not sell any of your information, including non-personally identifiable or personally identifiable information, to any third party for purposes of advertising, soliciting, or telemarketing. We may use a third-party service to collect anonymous visitor information like IP addresses, browser types (such as Firefox or Safari), referring pages, pages visited, and time spent on a particular service or feature. We collect this information for statistical analysis of web page traffic patterns; to administer our service and servers; to allow for auditing of our services by some third-parties who have that right; and for internal purposes to make decisions.
KEEPING INFORMATION SAFE.
We limit access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate need to access such information to provide you with our efforts. In keeping with industry standards and practices, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and controls to protect your information. The Website is built upon a secure infrastructure with multiple layers of protection and we use industry standard encryption technologies to safeguard your information.
We have security standards and procedures in place designed to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and personal information. A key part of this process helps ensure that all information we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. If you ever discover inaccuracies in our data or if your personal information changes, notify us immediately.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of information sent to us electronically. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on or through the Website and the Services in the event of a security breach. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
We may at times send you e-mail communications. If you prefer not to receive such marketing or promotional e-mails from us, you may unsubscribe completely by emailing us at: email@example.com
Please note that opt-out requests may take up to twenty-four (24) hours to process. Please also note that at times we may need to send you e-mail communications that are transactional in nature such as service or termination announcements or payment confirmations which are communications you will not be able to opt-out of.
You will be able to modify the information concerning your account by visiting your profile page and editing any information you wish to change. You will be able to change your e-mail address, password, contact information, or other login information by visiting your account’s settings page subject to our website policy. If you wish to delete your account or need help modifying account information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require up to twenty-four (24) hours to process such requests.
If you would like us to remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our database, please send a request to: email@example.com.
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third-party services or other third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this notice.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REVIEWING, CHANGING OR CORRECTING INFORMATION.
You may, of course, decline to share any or all of your personal information with us or ask us to delete your personal information from our systems at any time, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through the Website and the Services.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to our Organization is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security system’s breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the service or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our services. We may post a notice on our Webpage if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.